Cairo International Airport HECA is located at 22km (13.7 miles) northeast of central Cairo and 40km (24.9 miles) from the Giza Pyramids.
Airport of Entry:
Types of traffic permitted (IFR/VFR):
MAG VAR/Annual change
004°E (2015) / 05'E
The airport is accessible through 3 main routes:
- Main Access Roads: Salah Salem-Orouba Street, an east west main arterial road.
- Secondary Access Roads: Autostrade-El Nasr Road, a main arterial road, almost parallel to Orouba street & Cairo International Airport
- The airport can be reached via the new road, connection Terminal 3 with the intersection between Ring Road and Suez Road.
On the Ground
- Longest runway: 4000m X 60m
- Fuel types available: Only JET A1 AVBL
Immigration and Customs
- Customs and Immigration are available 24 hours
- Passengers who have more than the duty free allowances or prohibited/ restricted goods should go into the RED channel and declare them to an officer in the customs declaration.
- Passengers who have nothing more than the duty free allowances and no prohibited or restricted goods go straight through the Green Channel unless asked to stop by an officer.
For a list of exempted items, click this link:
- A free Cairo Airport Authority shuttle bus links the two terminals, 3km (1.9 miles) apart. The bus runs throughout the night and departs approximately every 30 minutes.
- Terminal 1 is known as the Old Airport, whilst Terminal 2 is known as the New Airport
- Telephone No.: + (202) 22655000
- Fax: + (202) 22653214
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Safety and Security
- Fire category: 9
- Rescue equipment: AVBL
Health and Sanitation:
- Health and Sanitation are available 24/7
- Pharmacies in Terminal 1, 3
For more information on this airport and visit the official website, click Cairo International Airport
For support with your flight operations to Egypt Airports, contact Aviary